Here are some places and events in my 2011.
Noah Webster Academy
I love my class! As the only returning third grade teacher, I had a lot of awesome parents request to have their awesome kids put in my class. Which means, I have it pretty easy this year. I have no serious behavior problems, and the teachers I work with are irreplaceable! We get to do so many fun things.
The Crestwood was a great home to me for a year. Katie, Kari, & Noelle are pretty amazing, and we were always up to something mischievous.




Centennial Apartments is my new home, and I'm loving it! I'm able to strengthen my 11-year friendship with Hannah. My cousin Garrett is in my ward, and I'm always making new friends. I actually go to all of my ward activities; it is wild!


Moab is my home away from home. Perfect for climbing, canyoneering, swimming, snow activities, cliff jumping, camping, jeeping, etc.






Havasupai is the most beautiful place on the planet. It's a 10 mile hike in, where mail is only delivered by mule, by the Grand Canyon. It's the most clear water, with so much life everywhere. Good friends, good memories.



Vegas was good to me for Valentine's Day and New Years.


Wyoming was a pitstop for our family Christmas trip. We rock at playing games, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling.


St. George trips are still a regular occurrence. It's where my little sister found her future husband...




Zion could be my favorite place in the world. We did a couple fun canyons there. We also got snowed into a fantastical cabin there at the beginning of the year.




Liberty, Utah is where we spent 4th of July, General Conference Weekend, and Thanksgiving.


My incredible Grandpa Brown passed away in the Fall. He was my Patriarch, Temple Sealer, and one of the funniest people I have ever met. He was healthy most of his life, and outlived his first two wives. However, when his hip broke at a family reunion his health steadily declined. He really missed my Grandma Brown, who had passed away 24 years prior. I was able to visit him often, and held his hand at my Aunt's house the two hours before he died. I left 20 minutes before he stopped breathing, but I think it was better for me to not be there. My family went to California for the cheerful funeral, where we attended Disneyland together and I met my adorable nephew Gray.



I work a lot during the week, but I'm able to go do fun things during weekends and Summer Break, here are a few highlights.
Dressing up for the Spanish Fork Rodeo

Putting on a pudding slip 'n slide with friends

These pictures were found in Salt Lake Tribune. Some friends and I did a 5K Obstacle Course. It involved running, walking, tackling, throwing mud, slip 'n slides, climbing, jumping, backtracking, and rolling. Those 48 minutes were pretty memorable. This is basically what I looked like later that day when my car broke down (Fun fact: I dated teh guy who I met that day and saved me for the next 3 months).


The Manti Temple

Spending a day playing in Spanish Fork

Pottery @ Zach's Studio in Lehi for Labor Day

Harry Potter midnight showing

Festival of Colors (my 3rd year)

Dew Tour with friends

A chocolate Slip 'n slide with friends in Salt Lake

Bocheball @ Special Olympics for my birthday

Climbing with friends on my birthday


4th of July jeeping

No comments:
Post a Comment